“The Founders believed … that government’s job was to protect our most basic rights so that we could pursue the individual dreams and ambitions that truly make America great…. But collective action is the necessary precondition for greater rights, says Obama. Therefore, standing up to government means standing for tyranny itself. Said Obama, ‘Unfortunately, you’ve grown up hearing voices that incessantly warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that’s at the root of all our problems; some of these same voices also doing their best to gum up the works. They’ll warn that tyranny is always lurking just around the corner. You should reject these voices. Because what they suggest is that our brave and creative and unique experiment in self-rule is somehow just a sham with which we can’t be trusted.’ But it is Obama who has said that the people cannot be trusted with self-rule of the most basic sort. We cannot be trusted to handle our own health insurance. We cannot be trusted to vote correctly on issues like same-sex marriage…. We cannot be trusted to educate our children, or to hire our workers, or to own weapons to protect ourselves, or even to feed ourselves. Administrative government … represents Obama’s version of ‘self-rule.’ Obama’s rhetoric here is more than perverse — it is supremely dangerous. … A people that does not fear government oppression is not a free people. It is a subject people.” –columnist Ben Shapiro
Disclaimer:This site is for edutainment purposes only. Although this site is named Redneck Mormon, nothing on the site should be considered to be the doctrine, teaching, or viewpoint of the LDS church.
Patriot Post PostsI decided to Post from the Patriot Post, Gary Bauer, and others, when I receive them. They explain things much better, and in more depth, than I ever could. I encourage you to subscribe to their newsletters. Don't worry, I will still post those things I think the American people need to think of; and my thoughts as well.
- Retail Sector Gets Down to a Six Pack
- Is Bitcoin Entering a New Megatrend?
- Rome Burns – Nero Worries About Pyrophobia
- 5 Cellar Dweller ETFs to Avoid Like the Plague
- Risk-Tolerant Investors May Like this High-Yield Fund
- What Chess Master Garry Kasparov’s Loss to IBM’s Deep Blue in 1997 Can Teach You about Trading in Today’s Markets
- Will Washington’s Elite Shoot the Messenger Before the Economy Shifts?
- Which Way to Beat the Market: Long-Term Investing or Short-Term Trading?
- On Markets and Self-Made, Manufactured Crises
- Every Time I Try To Be Mad At Trump, The Media Pull Me Back